I try to save money whenever possible. My two main New Year’s Resolutions were you lose a little bit of weight and manage my money better. I know what you’re thinking… we’re already 5 days into the month of August and I’m talking about resolutions that I made 8 months ago!
Anyway, I’ve turned to several apps and websites to help me out with my goal. After all, it’s the 21st Century so I might as well start using the technology to it’s fullest (even though I’m far away from that yet).
I heard about the website Mint a person at my bank. It’s a great way to track my spending and saving and I can directly link it to my bank account and the website pulls over information and trends to budget with. This is a really helpful, and free to sign up for so I recommend it!
I was looking around on Pinterest trying to find some fun, new recipes. I ended up coming across this recipe for “Easy Mini Cheeseburger Pies”. I thought that this would make a great appetizer for a party to bring as a dish to pass! Check out this link or look below:
- Prep Time 15 min
- Total Time 55 min
- Servings 6
- Burger mixture:
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Baking mixture:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2 eggs
12 mini kosher dill pickles
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
Ketchup and mustard
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Cool 5 minutes; stir in Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup burger mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto burger mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and muffin tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of muffins from pan; remove from pan and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve with garnishes.
I’ve been in a serious movie-watching mood lately. I don’t know if it’s the hot weather (because sitting inside is 100x better than sweating and suffering in the sun), or the fact that it seems like all of the best movies are out right now and I don’t want to miss out… but nonetheless, I’m loving what I’m seeing!
Last week, I rented the movie “Heaven is for Real”. I have read the book and didn’t know what to expect out of the movie. Let’s face it, movies never seem to be as good as the books that they were written after, but I have to admit that I was impressed! I love this movie and feel that it depicted the book really well.
Check this out and see for yourself just how great it is!
I really like going to Ulta for my supply of make-up, hair care, fragrances and other beauty supplies.
Ulta carries a variety of brands including: Becca, Smashbox, Urban Decay, John Frida, Matrix, Big Sexy Hair, Chi, Tarte, Marc Jacobs, Coach, OPI, Ulta Brand, China Glaze, Mally, DKNY, The Body Shop, Too Faced, and so much more.
There are always sales and great deals going on at Ulta. I don’t think I’ve ever paid full price for anything here! You always get free shipping on orders over $50. Right now, you can save up to $60 off of hair straighteners, and select professional hair styling products are buy 2, get 1 free.
There are great things here for yourself and others. Check it out!
Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of my favorite foods. Pair that with a nice big bowl of tomato soup and I’m sold! I will never get sick of this meal, but I am always open to spicing it up and making it a little more fun.
You will need:
- 8 slices country-style sourdough bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 lb. cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon slices, cooked
- 1/4 lb. Monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, sliced
- Brush one side of each bread slice with 1/2 tsp. olive oil.
- Lay half the slices, oiled side down, on a clean work surface and top with the cheddar cheese, dividing evenly. Place avocado slices on top of the cheddar and the bacon slices next then top with the Monterey jack, dividing evenly.
- Top each with one of the remaining bread slices, oiled side up.
- Heat a large fry pan or griddle over medium heat until hot. Place 2 of the sandwiches in the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the undersides are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and brown the other side, 3 to 4 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
What I Review Most
- Today-Only Gift From Bath and Body Works
- These Massages in Huntington Beach Are the Best!
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Just in Time for Fall
- I Love the Luxuries at Tiffany and Co.