Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of my favorite foods. Pair that with a nice big bowl of tomato soup and I’m sold! I will never get sick of this meal, but I am always open to spicing it up and making it a little more fun.
You will need:
- 8 slices country-style sourdough bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 lb. cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon slices, cooked
- 1/4 lb. Monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, sliced
- Brush one side of each bread slice with 1/2 tsp. olive oil.
- Lay half the slices, oiled side down, on a clean work surface and top with the cheddar cheese, dividing evenly. Place avocado slices on top of the cheddar and the bacon slices next then top with the Monterey jack, dividing evenly.
- Top each with one of the remaining bread slices, oiled side up.
- Heat a large fry pan or griddle over medium heat until hot. Place 2 of the sandwiches in the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the undersides are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and brown the other side, 3 to 4 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
I recently discovered a website that I love! A friend told me about StumbleUpon, which is a social media site that is endless. When you sign up for this site, you can either use an e-mail address or sign in with your Facebook account. You then fill out your interests and preferences. From here you are able to hit the “stumble” button and be led to a website. All websites should match your preferences and likes, and you will find online shopping, pictures, videos, blogs, and articles that match your personal taste. If you like something and you want to reference it later, hit the “thumbs up” button. If the site isn’t something that you’re into, hit the “thumbs down” button and you won’t have to see it again.
This is a great site that provides hours of entertainment and opens up a whole new way to search your likes and interests! Happy “stumbling”
I can’t believe how old my little nephew is getting. I swear I was just changing his diapers yesterday. I love fashion, and so of course I am really trying to get him to love it, well as much as a young boy can. I am that typical aunt that spoils her nephew, so I love to buy him clothes.
I found the cutest kid boy outfit for him the other day, and there was no way I wasn’t going to buy it. These are the coolest pants for kids I have ever seen. Blue camo pants are way too cool! I also love the top because it is totally a shirt that my boyfriend, brother, and friends have. Whenever you put adult like clothes on a young kid, you know it is going to look cute. I also love the colors of this outfit.
When I showed him the outfit, I was surprised how much he liked it. I thought he would be a typical boy and just shrug his shoulders, but no! He was actually excited about it! Of course I made him put it on right away and model for us, and let me tell you he looked awesome. He wore the outfit to school the next day, and when he came home we found out that he actually got a lot of compliments on his outfit, which is great.
I can’t wait to get him more clothes!
Every Tuesday, I like to check out Redbox to see what they got for new rentals. It’s pretty cheap to rent a movie here and they always have a pretty good selection.
A couple of nights ago, I rented “Non-Stop“. This is a movie featuring Liam Neeson, who is one of my favorite actors of all time. This is a mystery/action/thriller that kept me on the very edge of my seat until the end of the movie! I’m really glad I rented it and think it’s one that I’ll buy for my own collection.
I don’t want to give too much out about this movie, but just take my word for it and check it out yourself, you’ll be glad you did!
I received a gift card a couple of years ago from a friend to CloudMover Day Spa and was told that I had to check out the “best massages in Orange County”. At first I didn’t know what to expect as I hadn’t had a massage prior to going here. I ended up loving it and have gone back several times since. I’ve tried quite a few other body treatments here and have loved them all. My two favorites (other than my most-loved massage would be spray tanning and facials).
Check this place out for yourself and see why everybody is buzzing about this place!
What I Review Most
- This Puts a Serious Spin on Old Fashioned Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- I Could Spend Hours on StumbleUpon
- The Coolest Kid Boy Outfit You’ll Find
- Non-Stop is a Movie to Check Out!